Business Development Manager - Audiology
The Business Development Manager will be the first point of contact for all enquiries in the designated portfolio centres, providing an efficient and accurate response reflective of the company brand, culture and expertise.
• Be a portfolio subject matter expert and provide customers the most up to date product and scientific information - engage and develop their interest and intent to choose the company's products. Able to explain the benefits of the company compared to the competition, and keep personal product and competitor knowledge up to date.
• Attend and advise in surgery, and at TBLs. Attend fitting appointments with clinical specialists.
• Provide general advice on candidacy, and liaise with clinical colleagues for opinion on individual patient’s clinical suitability.
• Prepare tailored presentations with the latest product and clinical data to present at clinic, regional & national meetings.
• To attend national and international conferences, including social activities.
• To identify new business opportunities in established clinics and appropriate new ENT/audiology units.
• To utilise all relevant resources (clinical, marketing, operations, IBK) to overcome challenges, provide solutions and to develop business within your centres.
• To identify a clear understanding of the structure of multi-disciplinary teams, developing and nurturing strong personal relationships at all levels.
• To write and regularly update (minimum Quarterly) individual clinic business plan detailing each clinics potential, the obstacles to overcome and the resources to achieve this. Work with marketing on Key Opinion Leader Development such as suggested areas of expertise for each speaker, and identify the level at which the speaker will have the maximum impact, training, resources or exposure needed etc.
• To pass on information gained relevant to other colleagues to enable the company best to grow use of their Hearing Implants across the product range.
• Close teamwork within the UK and with international colleagues in HQ and abroad.
• To maintain accurate records (via ICI) of customer interactions and needs, clearly detailing next steps and agreeing timelines with your relevant resource partner(s).
• Maintain up to date Outlook Diary, meet H&S Requirements, respect the confidentiality of patient information as well as company confidential or sensitive information.
• To complete and submit full expenses on time, on a monthly basis, to the satisfaction of the Finance Department.
• Participate in relevant company meetings and 1:1s with colleagues.
• If unavailable ensure alternative arrangements are in place for customer and colleague contact and assist with such for other colleague’s absences.
• To continue to grow and develop as a professional and support your colleagues in their development.
• Ensure compliance with the company Quality System and applicable local regulatory and legal requirements.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Experience of Audiology/ENT/medical devices in the territory.
• Due to the company's ethos of clear separation of clinical duties into distinct clinical support roles, a clinical background is a valuable experience to bring to this role, however it must be noted that this role will not involve clinical work with patients.
• Ability to self-manage and work with a high level of independence, exhibiting high levels of organization, delivery, self-discipline, flexibility and ability to adapt to changing requirements. Be responsible for own time management, and remember the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
• This role will be field based, requiring travel across the UK, and internationally. You must be able and prepared to work flexibly including evenings, weekends, overnight stays as required for conferences, surgeries, patient appointments.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to years of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.