Cassandra NoSQL Database Administrator
We have an urgent opening for Cassandra NoSQL Database Administrator role with a bachelor’s degree (preferably in computer science) total “8” years of experience with minimum “4” years of extensive experience in managing Cassandra NoSQL database.
• Candidate should have Strong Knowledge on Distributed Computing, Cassandra Data Modeling, Cassandra Query Language; Cassandra DB Configuration and Administration, Cassandra Advanced Replication Knowledge & Monitoring.
• Experience in designing and maintaining Cassandra installations.
• Strong experience in backup, restore, upgrade, migrate, and troubleshoot the databases.
• Experience in analyzing performance issues.
• Should have handled incidents, bugs and provided solutions with exhaustive root-case analysis.
• Ability to lead a module with other team members.
• Knowledge of NoSQL best practices & NoSQL data modeling.
• Knowledge of operating interrelationships between database, business applications and operating systems.
• Must be able to work with multiple groups to resolve data issues.
• Must have experience of working in mid to large size production environment across multiple active Datacenters.
• Must have a passion for problem solving and understanding of business problems.
• Ability to think strategically and drive development strategies and tactics that produce faster turnaround on features and also world-class performance.
• Highly self-motivated with the desire to embrace new database technologies and must be able to work independently or within a team in a high demand and dynamic environment.
• Deep knowledge of Cassandra DB performance/scaling concepts and tuning best practices.
Good to have:
• Strong Problem Solving and analytical skills.
• Quick Learner with good communication skills & interpersonal skills.
• Experience in MongoDB databases
Roles & Responsibilities:
• As a Cassandra DBA, you will specialize in architecting, programming and working with Cassandra database and real-time data analysis platforms.
• You need to interact closely with various Solution Architects, Technical Managers and Application developers in client teams. Also, work closely with solution and platform architecture teams to provide architecture and solution approach to business problems.
• Ability to Administer, develop, test or demonstrate databases for a specific Platform.
• Evaluate work product delivered from various teams of developers and also provide reference implementations.
• Understand inter-relationships and the impact of systems and applications upon the enterprise wide technical environment.
• Ensure data architecture standards, policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
• Work with business user teams to discuss, recommend, explain, and reconcile desired functionality and technology capabilities.
• Design for high performance and growth in order to ensure that the application is highly scalable and can support high volumes of traffic.
• Design and develop backend services to configure and coordinate complex, interconnected data workflows.
• Assist in the development of tools and techniques for data access, retention and security.
• Configuration, provisioning, upgrading and decommissioning databases and database tuning.
• Monitoring production deployments for capacity issues, performance and troubleshooting.
• Monitor and tune query performance, define and implement backup strategies per data retention requirements, diagnose and resolve production issues as needed.
• Manage day to day operations as a technical resource.
• Perform many related database functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management.
• Install database management systems (DBMS) and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to years of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.