Big Data Architect
The Big Data Architect will join the Data Team, which is part of Innovation Technology. This individual is responsible for delivery and development of data platform that will drive suits of client product and science. The ideal candidate should have the business knowledge and well as sound technical knowledge to be able to translate business issues into data architecture and solution that will drive decision making.
• Development of data platforms, integration frameworks, processes, and code that can be utilized across client data community
• Development of best practices for client data community
• Strategic Design and implementation decisions to ensure quality and efficiency
• Conduct design reviews and code reviews
• Seek alternative technology solutions to problems
• Liaise with internal and external clients to establish project briefing, resourcing and decide on prioritisation.
• Interpret client business objectives to understand their requirements and oversee the production of technical project plans.
• Deliver all project work related to the clients work plan or capability builds.
• Lead development of capability area through deep technical expertise and enhance the array of solutions in the area.
Knowledge & Qualifications
• Extensive experience in process automation
• Extensive experience developing solutions in a Linux environment
• Extensive experience with very large data volumes
• Extensive experience with open source tools
• Extensive experience in working with complex and multiple data sources
• Extensive experience with high level programming languages - Python, Java & Scala
• Experience with distributed processing and systems
• Experience with Hadoop / Spark toolsets
• Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS)
• Experience with Data Flow development
• Experience with Agile /Kanban/ methodologies
• Extensive experience in shell scripting
• Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system
• Experience with specific Cloudera and/or HortonWorks implementations
• Experience with Hive, Airflow, HBase, MapReduce, Spark
• Experience working with Git
• 10+ years of experience in Information Technology
• 10+ years of database experience working with multi-Terabyte, 24X7 uptime database systems
• Proven ability with building/delivering /migrating data solution platforms
• 7+ years of experience in the Big Data space
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible
• High energy and self-motivation
• Ability to work on multiple projects / tasks and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to learn the business and new technology
• Team-oriented work ethic that includes willingness to help others
• Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation
• Support learning and innovation
• Drive delivery excellence
• Build loyal relationships with colleagues and our clients and partners
Our values underpin every aspect of our culture and are the force that drives us every day; Curiosity, Passion, Courage and Collaboration.
• You’ll have plenty of learning and development opportunities, and we have a serious commitment to helping you take your career to the next level.
• We have a flexible health and wellness package offering; Private Healthcare, Denplan, Critical Illness and Life Cover insurances cover you should things go wrong but we also offer Health screenings, an onsite gym, personal trainer, subsidised visits from masseuse and osteopath, and more to make it easy for you to keep healthy.
• We’re passionate about work, but we also understand there’s a whole lot more than that, so we offer flexible working, 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and early finish Friday’s!
• On top of all of this we also have a Benefits Allowance, Bonus Scheme, Treat Yourself Allowance, Travel and Season Ticket Loans, a Cycle to Work Scheme, we match contributions to your Pension up to 4% and you can take any of your unspent benefits allowance in cash or your pension.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to years of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.