£ 200-240 per day
Job Title: BIM Technician / Engineer
Location: Bridgend, Wales (On site 2 days a week)
Salary/Rate:up to £248 per day INSIDE IR35
Job Type: 6-month Contract
We have an exciting opportunity now available with one of our leading construction clients! They are currently looking for an experienced BIM Technician/Engineer to join their team for a six-month contract.
BIM Engineers plan, design, and supervise Building Information Modelling (BIM) , identify and resolve BIM technology implementation issues and problems, and assure quality deliverable of the related construction projects.
A BIM technician is responsible for using IT technology to provide an accurate representation of a building or civil engineering project, not just from a structural point of view but also in terms of how it will be used. Whilst CAD tools enable the production of computer-based 3D representations of proposed projects.
- Actively participating in the technology technicians forum to exchange best practice with other members and ensure lessons learnt are captured and disseminated to other team members.
- Positively contributing to progressing projects by engaging with our clients in a highly focussed way to maintain progress with schemes to agreed programme and quality criteria.
- Challenging the status quo in an effort to improve project outcomes for our clients (to improve safety, profitability, ease of construction or programme).
- Critically appraising the existing BIM process used on projects to identify opportunities to introduce efficiency's and improve our offering.
- Creating high quality, accurate models to support project delivery (using predominantly REVIT and AutoCAD 2D/3D). Use and creation of REVIT families across projects and to standardise design, and experienced in engaging with the supply chain to integrate supply chain model data into the project model.
- Liaison with other design team members to identify and resolve project issues clashes etc in line with the project BIM protocol.
- Undertaking model co-ordination to ensure our deliverables are fully co-ordinated with other disciplines, using a combination of BIM 360 Glue and Navisworks Manage.
- Creating high quality construction information to minimise site queries.
- Responding to site queries quickly and responsively.
- Taking responsibility for management of small projects with appropriate support from design staff.
- Offering help, guidance and mutual support to other members of the technician group.
- Skills in detailing and scheduling of bar reinforcement for RC elements using CADS RC or REVIT are desirable.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Hold an appropriate construction related qualification. The minimum level of qualification shall be a BTEC HNC or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of the construction industry and an awareness of appropriate construction methods.
- Proactive, highly motivated, driven to succeed and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Willing to adapt, have strong problem solving skills and work well within a team.
- Understanding of BIM standards and processes (BS 1192 & PAS 1192)
- Working knowledge of the following: Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit modelling packages and Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of the following: Working within a CDE, 4D programming, and coordination software.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.