£ 595 per day
Job Title: Data Developer - Python, Java or Go
Location: London - Hybrid
Salary/Rate: £595 a day Inside IR35
Start Date: 25/09/2023
Job Type: 12 month Contract
We have an exciting opportunity now available with one of our sector leading publishing clients! They are currently looking for a skilled Data Developer with strong commercial Python, Java or Go development experience to join their team for a twelve - month contract.
You will be working on a project that involves developing and maintaining data infrastructure, pipelines, and processes to enable effective analysis and decision-making through the utilization of structured and unstructured datasets primarily hosted on AWS services.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python, Java, or Go.
- Experience with AWS, with a focus on data services such as RDS, S3, Aurora, Athena, and more.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and other API integration techniques.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with both structured and unstructured datasets.
- Proven track record of effectively manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Previous experience in processing raw data at scale, including script development, web scraping, API integration, SQL query writing, and application development.
- Experience in query optimization and tuning to ensure efficient data retrieval and analysis.
- Develop and maintain data stores, including relational databases and object storage (S3), to ensure efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Analyze raw data, create, and manage datasets, and implement measures to enhance data quality and efficiency.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable data pipelines and structures that facilitate data analysis and support decision-making processes.
- Build and maintain processes for data transformation, data structure management, metadata management, dependency tracking, and workload management.
- Continuously monitor data quality, identify and troubleshoot data issues, and collaborate with fellow engineers, analysts, and business teams to resolve data-related challenges.
- Collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary engineering squad to ensure seamless data integration and utilization.
- Create comprehensive documentation and operational runbooks to facilitate the smooth operation and maintenance of data processes.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.