£ 1,000-1,200 per day
Job Title:Head of Enterprise Architecture
Location: Milton Keynes/Remote (ad-hoc travel required)
Salary/Rate: £1000/1200 per day INSIDE IR35 depending on experience
Start Date: 04/09/2023
Job Type: Contract
We have an exciting opportunity now available with one of our sector-leading public sector clients! They are currently looking for a skilled Senior Enterprise Architect to join their team for a six-month contract.
- Lead the creation and communication of Business Aligned Information Technology Strategy against which can align its strategic business and IT decision making.
- Identify and champion well-formed business and IT opportunities by analysing industry and IT trends to drive additional/new value in industry and business models across a 5-year planning horizon.
- Articulate strategic business and IT direction (through communication, influence and relationship building) across suppliers and partners for opportunities and alignment. Represent IT strategy across industry forums.
- Provide leadership of IT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture (including current, target, transition state, patterns, reference architecture, principles, policy, standards) to govern and evolve the enterprise business, information, application and technology architectures across the devolved organisation.
- Collaborate with centres of accountability and excellence for business process, data governance, operational technology and security across to truly align the Business Aligned IT Strategy (BAITS).
- Support orchestration of the delivery of business outcomes by shaping, sequencing and prioritising IT and business change for maximum value of aligned business objectives and minimal dependency friction.
- Maintain an enterprise view of 5-year horizon change initiatives, their strategic interdependencies and major architecture transition states to guide investment decisions, enable successful delivery of business outcomes from technology enabled change and effective change management.
- Develop and promote the use of Enterprise Architecture as an enabler for strategy formulation, value creation, and risk reduction.
- Define the enterprise architecture process, methods, tools and architecture review process, and lead their effective integration with related business and IT processes to drive consistent outcomes and manage risk.
- Manage a team of cross domain and segment Enterprise Architects to deliver value to through development of the Business Aligned IT Strategy and Segment Architecture products, ongoing communication and education for the enterprise architecture and its standards and patterns.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Significant experience operating at senior levels in information technology with solid background in enterprise architecture, planning, design, and development
- Substantial experience of IT Strategy and enterprise architectural development across all domains and multiple business sectors, including experience of 'system of systems' architecture development
- Significant experience of operating at a senior level, building effective relationships and dealing with executive colleagues and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to explain technical concepts to non-technical people including front line staff and senior business and technology leadership
- Ability to take a strategic view and see the 'big picture' allied to the ability to adopt an analytical approach to complex change programmes with the awareness of operational implications
- A deep understanding of all architecture domains (business, information, data, applications, technology, security, etc.) and the relationships between them.
- Substantial experience of the development of reference architectures including principles, policies, standards, patterns, reference models and other elements.
- Experience of developing strategy and architecture based on emerging digital technologies (e.g. IOT, API, AI, Social, Mobile, Cloud, Apps Modernisation).
- Experience of leading and developing teams including performance management coaching and professional development
Although not essential, the following skills are desired by the client:
- Rail industry, asset management, manufacturing, supply chain and corporate business architectures
- Experience of the application of industry frameworks and maturity models including COBIT, ITIL, P3M, MoP, MSP, PRINCE2, P3M3 and CMMI.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.