£ 500-600 per day
Job Title: Operational Risk Manager
Salary/Rate: Up to £600 INSIDE IR35
Start Date: 12/12/2022
Job Type: Contract
We have an exciting opportunity now available with one of our sector-leading financial clients! They are currently looking for a skilled Operational Risk and Resilience Manager to join their team for a contract until July 2023.
We are looking for Operational Risk and Resilience Manager who will work with Technology Risk and Resilience Group to coordinate and facilitate all Tech Resilience and Risk Management activities. This role is to ensure current and emerging risks proactively identified and managed through internal control mechanisms and procures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirement and Policy. This role will require strong collaboration with technology partners and Group Risk to drive technology resilience and operational risk management.
- Accountable for define, maintain, governance and improvement of Technology Resilience and Operational Risk Management Standard, process, and procedure.
- Develop sustainable governance program for application resiliency assessment across Technology.
- Manage Technology Resilience standard waiver and exception.
- Perform operational risk identification and assessment in Infrastructure and Cloud business units.
- Monitor operational risk appetite level and ensure that Technology leadership team understand the impact of any risk appetite breaches that require changes to controls, resources, and business operations.
- Develop IT control library based on COBIT best practices.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials. Coordinate efforts to train Operational Risk Management.
- Design reports, dashboards, and infographics to leadership team on the compliance level and risk perspective.
- Point of contact for Internal and External audit regarding Technology Resilience and Operational Risk Management within Infrastructure and Cloud unit.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in operational resilience, and operational risk management within financial industry including governance, policy frameworks and reporting.
- Experience in risk management, data analytics, business intelligent, scenario analysis would be an advantage
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong critical thinking a problem-solving skill.
- Understanding of financial services industry and products.
- Has a drive for continuous improvement and is comfortable to challenge established practices.
- Experience with standard and best practice in Operational Resilience Framework, Risk Management and COBIT control is preferable.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.