Start Date: 02/10/2023
Job Type: Contract
Senior C# Developer with strong MessageQ experience is required by a globally recognised client in the automotive sector on an initial 2 month contract (likely extension).
This role has been determined INSIDE IR35
1-2 days on site in South London
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively contribute to support and development of existing applications
- Proactively contribute to the development of new and innovate products as part of a small team.
- Develop an understanding of all systems and be willing to assist with bug fixing, development or testing across the entire environment.
- Ensure that development is rigorous and conforms to the process requirements of the business
- Ensure code is of the highest quality including commenting, unit testing and documentation.
- Participate in group activities such as demonstrations, design reviews, requirement exploration, system architecting, etc.
- Develop a broad skill set covering all aspects of the software environment as well as a defined area of specialisation (T-shaped).
- Considerable (>5yrs) experience in a software development environment using .Net based development tools.
- Experience with developing / supporting distributed event-based architectures built around message buses and event streams e.g. Kafka / ActiveMq / RabbitMq / SQS.
- Experience with consuming and processing high frequency data in a real-time/near real-time environment.
- You have experience with other software languages and environments - ideally unmanaged such as C / C / Delphi.
- You have experience with microservice architectures and containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- You have experience with NoSQL Databases such as Mongo / DocumentDB.
- You have experience working with application metrics & monitoring with tools such as Prometheus / Grafana / Cloudwatch.
- You are familiar with code source control such as GIT
- You have a good understanding of CI/CD practices.
- You understand AGILE development philosophies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.