£ 550 per day
Job Title: Senior Cloud Engineer - SC Eligible
Location: Remote - Occasional travel to Reading or Exeter
Rate: Up to £550 per day - Inside IR35
Start Date: 18.09.23
Job Type: 6 Month contract
We have an exciting opportunity now available with one of our sector-leading consultancy clients! They are currently looking for a skilled Senior Cloud Engineer to join their team for a six-month contract.
- Initial response and platform issue triaging for Alerts, Incidents and Service Requests received from Microsoft customer.
- Diagnose, investigate and troubleshoot issues on customer workloads hosted in Azure and partner with various internal and external teams.
- Take remediation or mitigation action to mitigate an incident based on the provided technical service guidelines (TSGs).
- Ownership of incident tracking, triage, mitigation, and resolution
- Responsible for achieving agreed SLA / OLA / KPI targets.
- Own and drive customer reported issues until resolution in accordance with SLAs / SLOs / KPIs designed for the customer initiative
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Azure Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking etc.)
- Good IT and Azure/cloud experience.
- Fair experience in enterprise level support for a large scale/enterprise customer
- Strong fault analysis/determination and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to a diverse and changing environment.
- Ability to work under continuous deadline pressure and handle crisis situations.
- Ready to work on 24x7 shift pattern.
- Managing/Operating/Troubleshooting experience in Azure using Azure Management Technologies (Azure Monitor, Monitoring Agents, Kusto Query Language, ARM template, Azure Policies, IaC and deployment models.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, quantitative and analytical skills and collaboration.
- Must follow customer/program compliant processes to ensure actions are carried out in a safe and secure manner in managed customer environments.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are must.
- Experience with ITIL compliant incident management.
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
- Scripting experience with PowerShell.
Although not essential, the following skills are desired by the client:
- Working experience in high availability environment.
- Infrastructure as code experience highly desirable (Azure DevOps, ARM etc.).
- Adherence to process (ITIL) and Incident management and SLA, Responsible for Incident management (Proactive & Reactive), execution of Changes / Change Management, Problem & Performance Management.
- Linux experience (particularly Red Hat Linux) is highly desirable.
- Working Knowledge of Programming Concepts.
- ITIL or Microsoft certifications.
- Experience in doing RCA.
- Patch Management experience in the cloud.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in Microsoft Word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally. Please see our website for our full diversity statement.